Every year, senior day comes and goes. For half of the football team, they will get to experience Senior Day at home against the hated Ducks. It is their last time to play in front of Beaver Nation. It's the last home game in front of the fans that have been rooting for them for the last 4-5 years. It's one last chance to hear the O-S-U ring around the stadium or "it is, an O-S-U, FIRST DOWN! ...dunh dunh... dunh dunh dunh.....dunh dunh... dunh dunh dunh.....HUH!" It's the last time that these players will run out of the helmet, into Reser Stadium, and seeing all that Orange and Black (unless of course, these players become Bengals). So here's a list of the Seniors that will donning the home Uni's one last time.
- Al Afalava, #9, Safety, Laie, HI
- Pernnell Booth, #99, DTackle, Billings, MT
- Victor Butler, #90, DEnd, Rialto, CA
- Bryant Cornell, #41, LB, The Dalles, OR
- Brandon Hughes, #36, CB, Bloomington, IL
- Greg Laybourn, #44, Safety, Portland, OR
- Andy Levitre, #66, OTackle, Ben Lomond, CA
- Keenan Lewis, #6, CB, New Orleans, LA
- Shane Morales, #13, WR, Castaic, CA
- Slade Norris, #58, DEnd, Portland, OR
- Adam Speer, #51, OGuard, West Hills, CA
- Sammie Stroughter, #19, WR, Sacramento, CA
- Tavita Thompson, #76, OTackle, Honolulu, HI
Seniors that may not have played as much, but are still crucial to the TEAM
- Dennis Christopher, #1, LB, New Orleans, LA
- Isaiah Cook, #12, LB, Claremont, CA
- Marcus Henderson, #65, C, Lake Oswego, OR
- Austin Hall, #30, Safety, Beaverton, OR
- Chris Johnson, #2, WR, Ft. Lauderdale, CA
- Casey Noack, #50, LB, Portland, OR
I didn't include Jeremy Perry on here because I'm not sure what is going on with him. But he gave us 26 great starts on the field and sacrificed his body for Beaver Nation. Plus, he has a really cool tattoo.
This year, the Seniors have stepped up and given us a great year. Three of our four starting defensive backs have played since they were freshmen (Hughes, Afalava, Lewis). Slade Norris and Victor Butler played only on 3rd down passing situations last year, and came in and picked up right where they left off taking over the starting role. Thank you Seniors!
One thing that always seems to happen every Civil War is that an in-state player steps up in their last career game and has a HUGE day for the Beavers, like Matt Sieverson did last year. There have been many others who have done the same over the long history of this rivalry. It will be exciting to see who goes out with a quack-quack...bang!! this year.
Note: We are losing 13 seniors again, just like last year. I wonder if Ted Miller realizes what good coaching we have or if he decides to pick us to finish 6th again in 2009? GO BEAVS! BEAT OREGON!
Which in-state senior will have the best Civil War?
Slade Norris (62 votes)
Bryant Cornell (10 votes)
Austin Hall (1 vote)
Casey Noack (1 vote)
Marcus Henderson (0 votes)
Greg Laybourn (63 votes)
137 total votes